They do so many things here at the LS14 Trust that it’s becoming increasingly
hard to keep track of them all, but here is an overview nonetheless;
1. Tackling social isolation, caring for people’s wellbeing, providing a safe
place to go with a well-stocked community café on pay-what- you-can basis.
2. Putting on events such as annual street parties, the Seacroft food and boot, gardening groups, and men’s-room DIY projects.
3. Legal help, CV/cover letter creation and job search assistance in their digital lounge with free internet access.
4. While upstairs they have a themed arts AND indoor garden activity room, artistically decorated by a talented illustrator Lydia Turner..
5. Lastly, outside there is a home-grown garden for ingredients to cook, a lovely patio with seating area’s - alongside a traditional clay pizza oven.
My varied volunteering roles have enabled me to do many things I never wouldn’t have done previously they’ve given me confidence in my role as a general volunteer, The Seacroft food & boot set-up crew, event photographer and Blog writer for things such as the Elephant bike and the like.
Honestly, the LS14 Trust is one of the best places I can recommend that you visit
in the Seacroft area; the staff is very supportive and always willing to lend a listening ear regardless of the subject. (I speak from experience)